I have lived in Newton for more than 15 years, and came here for the strength of the Newton Public Schools. I have a tenth grader and a junior in college. My kids have attended Angier, Brown and Newton South.
From the start, I’ve been an active participant in our schools and our community – as a leader, an advocate, and a volunteer. Here are some of those activities:
- PTO President at the Newton Early Children Program (NPS preschool), Angier Elementary School and Newton South High School
- President of the city-wide PTO Council
- Community Representative on the Angier School Building Committee
- School Council member at Angier and Newton South
- Co-Chair of the 2013 override campaign which funded Angier, Zervas and Cabot school building projects, as well as additional teachers to reduce large class sizes
- 2017 recipient of the Massachusetts Association for School Committee (MASC) Community Leader for Public Education award
- Corresponding Secretary, Newton Democratic City Committee
- Vice Chair, Ward 5 Democratic Committee
- Assistant Music Director, Newton Family Singers (an intergenerational chorus)
I attended MIT where I studied chemistry and theater, and have a great love for both STEM and the arts. Professionally, I have been an IT consultant for a startup company, and then program manager for a Wall Street firm, all focusing on enterprise-wide capacity planning and performance management.
As a member of the School Committee, I will use my in-depth knowledge of Newton Public Schools, my passion for public education, and my ability to bring together disparate groups of people to achieve a common goal, so all our students have the best education possible.